9.10.06

Thanks Homewood Junction

What a weekend at the Homewood Junction (PA) Heritage Days Festival last week! That little town does it up big, huh?
And you folks showed up in full force, just to say 'Hi' to that-great-guy- once-you-get-to-know-him Jack.
I lost count after a couple dozen of ya'll that hunted me down to say 'Hi".
And hunt me down you needed to, right? I WAS EVERYWHERE! And what fun we had!

The Living History camp (near the beautiful Buttermilk Falls) was much larger and more diverse that I had thought. It was nice to pick my banjo for you there. (That is when they weren't shooting those crazy musket rifles and scaring this old guy.)

And thanks to all the fine crafters that put up with my dulcimer in the fire hall. I had a great time talking and playing for you.

And I did my share of rambling and roving around, too.
Oh yeah, thanks to the dozens of folks who played 'dueling banjos' with me on that 'stick banjo'. I knew there were a lot of 'air guitarists' around.
But I never knew there were so many good 'STICK BANJO' players around! Good Job!
So thanks to the leadership, police and fire departments, and all the great volunteers of Homewood Junction for putting on another great festival. (And thank the Good Lord for the great weather, too.)



And Thanks For Letting Me Play,
-Jack

PS: Kids, Thanks for helping me have a great time with you guys. Even my dulcimer told me he enjoyed hearing you sing so loud! (not really, I just made that up) And, don't forget to send me those coloring contests real soon!

PSS: You know that little STICK BANJO you all played? I'm thinking about selling it on eBay! What do you think?


.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home