25.8.06

Clear Your Calendar!

For those in the SW Pennsylvania USA area, I have an event for you to check out this Fall.

Octoberfest is a German tradition dating back 3 or 4 years (maybe longer). OK, so it IS a LONG RUNNING tradition, I admit it! Anyway, there is a tiny little place I know that really knows how to do it up.
I'm referring to Homewood Junction, a little, hidden village just North of PA Turnpike exit 2. (Follow the signs & make the LEFT at the first light.)

Coming again the weekend of October 7 & 8th, these folks are doing it up right. From a pancake breakfast at the Fire Hall, a living history encampment at the beautiful Buttermilk Falls, to plenty going on around the gazebo at the town square (actually a triangle, but who's counting?).

Oh, yes, I almost forgot...

These folks recognize talent when they see it, too. I'll be playing solo every afternoon at either the
  • craft area or the
  • living history camp, whichever will put up with me.
Of course I'll bring my
  • banjo and
  • dulcimer, and
  • mandolin, and
  • guitar, so if there's any song you want to hear...
Be sure to look up our 'Stuff' table in the craft area for the 'SannerSongs-Giveaway-Of-The-Day'. (no hints, just come by & say 'Hi Tina'. That will make her day!)

I look forward to this weekend every year. Lots to do.


Hope to see you there.
-Jack


.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home